Written by a distinguished graduate of West Point, Garmany
leverages his 20+ years of experience into an indispensable
guide for any Oracle professional who must quickly implement
A noted instructor, author and lecturer, John
Garmany leverages his ability to explain complex issues in Plain
English into a one-of-a-kind book. John Garmany targets his
decades of SQL*Plus experience into this must-have book. Intended
for anyone who need to extract Oracle data and format reports,
John reveals the secrets of quickly and easily producing stunning
reports from Oracle.
Easy Oracle PL/SQL provides you with the tools you need to create,
debug and execute PL/SQL code. The example driven methodology will
have you coding basic PL/SQL blocks by the end of the first
chapter. Each chapter will build on previous concepts, introducing
you to increasingly more complex PL/SQL coding, while always
focusing on readability and manageability.
Each concept is
introduced using multiple examples and each chapter has exercises
to test you knowledge. With Easy Oracle PL/SQL you will be able to
put the incredible power of the Oracle Database to use with your
* Learn PL/SQL
basics, anonymous blocks, stored procedures and functions.
* Implement Best Practices to make your code readable and
* Understand PL/SQL variable including user defined and abstract
* Learn PL/SQL language structures including if/then/else and
* Become skilled at handling exceptions.
* Learn to effectively use Cursors and Ref Cursors.
* Begin working with Collections, Arrays, and PL/SQL Tables.
* Improve performance with Bulk Collects and Loads.
* See the power of packages including creating and using
* Call PL/SQL procedures and functions from applications.
* Run PL/SQL from a script or database job.
* Learn how to use triggers to react to database events.