In this text, John Garmany leverages his ability to explain complex issues in
English into a one-of-a-kind book for SQL and SQL*Plus beginners. This
book is intended
for anyone who needs to extract Oracle data and format reports.
John reveals even more secrets for quickly and easily producing stunning
reports from Oracle.
Unknown to most Oracle professionals, special SQL extraction
techniques and SQL*Plus commands can be used to quickly create
complex reports, without buying expensive third-party reporting
tools. Best of all, John Garmany's exciting second edition shares
more working samples in his online code depot than before. Your time savings from a single
script is worth the price of this great book.
Easy Oracle SQL is your introduction to using SQL and SQL*Plus
with an Oracle database. Whether you are just learning SQL or just
need a handy reference, this book will provide you with proven
methods to building queries and reports using SQL.
Each concept is
explained in detail with multiple examples and exercises at the
end of each section. Also included is a section detailing how to
effectively use SQL*Plus to not only create and run queries but
also to create quality reports and scripts. This book will have
you up and using SQL quickly and efficiently.
* Get detailed explanations of
using Oracle’s SQL*Plus and SQL Worksheet.
* Comes with an expanded online code depot with working examples of
* Understand the Oracle database including tables, rows and
* Learn all basic SQL Clauses, SELECTs, JOINs, WHEREs, and
* Learn to modify data using INSERTs, UPDATEs and DELETEs.
* Create and manage Tables, Views and Materialized Views.
* Use Oracle’s Data Dictionary to find information.
* Learn to increase SQL performance using Indexes.
* Use SQL*Plus to create detailed reports.
* Learn by example as each section contains exercises to test
* Contains even more working SQL*Plus scripts to get you started fast.
* Presents tricks for writing complex SQL in incremental